Saturday, July 24, 2010

They Day that Never Ends Part 3

Three years ago I sat down to plan a few fun events to go along with our regular summer programming. How about a trip to the water park? Sounds fun. Chuck E. Cheese? They'll love it. How about a camp out? Movie night? Sounds like a blast. A formal spaghetti dinner? I think the kids will enjoy it. How about a pancake breakfast, complete with chocolate chips, blueberries and Mickey Mouse? I thought those were great ideas. How about we do it all on the same day? That sounds like it would kill me, I thought to myself, that would truly be a day that never ends. And at that moment, one of the craziest events I've ever conceived was born, the day that never ends. It's bad enough that we did it once, but this week, we did it for the third time! In the words of the great Pastor Michael Postlethwait, "I've never even heard of anything like that."

No comments: